The main causes of infertility are:
- Problems with infertility can arise when nutrition does not reach the reproductive tissue; this can happen due to under nutrition, poor digestion or obstruction due to toxins.
- Having sex by compulsion with a person whom you do not like.
- Mental disturbance- diseases like anxiety, depression and insomnia.
- To not to control the sexual excitement, and to do the wrong jobs to satisfy oneself.
- Eating spicy, salty and hot food increase Pitta and destroys weakens and restricts the formation of Shukra Dhatu.
- Overindulgence in sexual activities leads to Shukra Kshaya. It may lead to Klebya (impotency).
- By controlling sexual urges for longer duration leads to Veeryaavarodha (Obstruction of semen) and this leads to decreased libido.
- Infertility can also arise when the reproductive tissue is damaged by infection or trauma.
- Some acquire the impotency by birth- the well known genetic causes.
These are some general causes told according to Ayurveda, responsible for the infertility. There are several medicines in Ayurveda to treat the cases of infertility but we strongly recommend to visitors to discuss all with our team of doctors, so that we can serve you in a better way.