When you look at your skin, do you end up seeing more scars than beauty marks? Do you, at times, wish that you could moult just like animals and birds do, so that you could give your skin another chance? Do you just concentrate on keeping the visible areas of your skin flawless, just to realize one day that you look better with your clothes on than off, even if you have a superb body? Or is the other way around – are all the visible areas of your skin scarred because of exposure to the elements or due to hormonal imbalances that cause acne? If you have answered in the affirmative to any of these questions, you are not alone. Millions of people, in fact, almost everyone today, has a problem with some scar or the other, which they wish they could get rid of. There are numerous medicines and chemicals that do work. However, their drawback is that they tend to have harmful side effects as well. So, the next best option is to opt for natural scar removal tips and get rid of your scars, safely and effectively.
Natural Scar Removal Tips
- Apply lemon juice on the scarred area twice a day, by means of a cotton pad. Alternatively, you can cut a fresh lemon and rub this on your skin, twice a day.
- Cocoa butter is a natural skin healer. Apply the butter on your scars twice a day and massage it into the skin, until the skin completely absorbs it.
- Honey is one of the oldest remedies to heal wounds and burns, due to its healing properties. Since it has anti-bacterial properties, it can also help you remove stubborn scars in a few months, if applied twice daily.
- Mix sandalwood and powdered black gram with rose water and make a smooth paste of it. Apply the paste on the scarred skin and leave it on overnight. Wash off the next morning with cool water. This helps in improving skin tone and reducing scars.
- Application of cucumber juice on scars will tighten pores, thereby improving skin tone and reducing the marks.
- Aloe Vera is one of the best remedies to get rid of scars naturally. Application of this, twice a day, will give you noticeable results within a few days.
- Make a paste of raw garlic and rub this into your skin. It is a healer and also a skin toner.
- Massaging vitamin E oil onto the scars will help them vanish within a few weeks. In the absence of vitamin E oils, capsules can also be used. The oil in them can be squeezed out and applied on the scars.
- Crushed mint leaves can be applied to scars, to help the skin heal faster.
- Fresh tomato juice is an excellent skin rejuvenating agent and can help the skin heal faster.
- Mix a little baking soda with water and massage the scarred skin with this, for at least a minute. Rinse the skin with lukewarm water and apply a very light coat of olive oil. Wash off with warm water after five minutes. Doing this once daily will help remove scars sooner than you can imagine.
- Make a paste of fenugreek seeds and rose water and apply this as a face pack. Wash off after fifteen minutes, for great results.
- Mash a ripe banana thoroughly and apply on your skin for ten minutes. Wash off with cold water, for getting well-toned skin.
- Grate a potato and wrap it in soft, thin linen. Wait for the juice of the grated potato to start coming through the linen. Rub this over the scarred skin, leave for ten minutes and then wash it off with warm water.