Influenza Natural Remedies | Herbal Ayurvedic Cure Treatment of Influenza
According to the modern medical studies, influenza is caused by viruses that attack the body.
However, according to the ayurvedic perspective, this disease is caused by contact with another infected individual, resulting in the upsetting of one’s equilibrium.
The long term affects of influenza, if untreated could lead to bronchitis, asthma, pneumonia, and other various diseases that mostly attack the upper respiratory system.
A person attacked with the sickness of Influenza usually has one or more of the following symptoms:
- High Fever Prolonged to 3 weeks or Longer
- Sneezing, Headaches, Severe Cough, Runny Nose
- Severe Exhaustion Lasting up to a few weeks or longer
- Sore Throat
- Aches and Pains Throughout the Body
- Damage to Eyes, Skin, Testes, and Skin
- Vomiting, Nausea, and/or Diarrhea
Ayurvedic Treatment and Home Remedies
Many people have found Ayurvedic treatments of influenza very helpful. Some home remedies for influenza are as follows:
- Tea Remedy Combine equal parts of elder, peppermint, and yarrow. Then, steep 1-2 teaspoons of the tea mixture into a cup of hot water. It is best to drink this hot before bedtime. The not liquid induces sweat which helps stop the growth of influenza. Cayenne, cinnamon, and ginger can also be added to help either induce even more sweat, or to stimulate the body’s circulation.
- Long Pepper is considered to be one of the most effective home remedies of Influenza. It is best to mix ½ teaspoon of powdered long pepper, 2 teaspoons of honey, and ½ teaspoon of ginger. This is to be taken 3 times a day. This remedy is especially helpful within the first stages of influenza, for prevention.
- Garlic and Ginger both contain anti-viral agents which help slow down the progression of influenza. These can be taken in large doses.
- Other Home Treatments other home treatments of influenza include the use of goldenseal, onion, and basil. Goldenseal activates white blood cells that destroy various forms of bacteria and viruses Onion and lemon Juice mixed together and drank in a cold liquid form, and the leaves of basil mixed with ginger made into a tea are also effective.
Ayurvedic Medicines for the Treatment of Influenza
- Eucalyptus oil is used in many forms to stop the symptoms of fever, and can be used as part of the treatment for influenza.
- Flucon tablets are available for combating the symptoms of influenza, including the cleaning of upper respiratory tracts, and the discontinuation of coughing and sneezing. These tablets have no side effects, and include a mixture of ingredients such as tinospora cordifolia, uraria picta, and a form of cinnamon. It is preferred with honey or lukewarm water. Also, there is no side effects at all.
- Anand Bhairav Rasa is another herb that can be made into various forms to treat influenza.