Eye Problems Natural Remedies, Ayurvedic Cure
According to medical studies minor eye problems are a result of poor lighting, and using too hot or too cold of water on the fact.
According to ayurvedic studies, eye problems are caused by a variety of different upsetting of one of the three doshas. For instance, the aggravation of Kapha dosha aggravates dullness of eyes. Also, the increase of the Vata dosha leads to dry eyes.
Furthermore, the pitta dosha is aggravated through smoke, stress, or pollution causes bloodshot eyes. The other cause of sore eyes is insufficient sleep. Also, weak eyes are caused by a weakening of the Alchaka Pitta.
Eyes that are not taken care of properly could result in the following:
- Impaired vision (need of glasses)
- Damaged Retinas
Home Remedies for Dry or Dull Eyes
- Honey, Ghee, or Sesame Oil: A few drops of one of these will help moisten eyes, and return them back to the normal state.
- Fennel Seeds: ½ teaspoon fennel seeds in one cup of water, until half the water evaporates. Let the substance cool, and use it as eye drops.
- Home Remedies for Tense or Bloodshot Eyes
- Rose water mixtures: Put three drops of rose water in the eyes. Either that, or soak a pad in rose water, milk, or aloe vera juice and lie down for 10-20 minutes.
- Cucumber: Place a slice of cucumber on each eye. The cool sensation will comfort the eyes, and reduce the puffiness beneath the eyes.
- Figs and Raisons: Boil 2-3 figs and one teaspoon of raisons in a cup of milk.
Remedies for Week Eyes
- Almond mixture: Grind ½ cup of almonds, raw sugar, and aniseeds. Divide into 40 doses and take one a day with a cup of milk.
- Other helpful hints: Rinse the eyes with water daily. Also, mix cardamom seeds with one tablespoon of honey.
- Lifestyle Changes: Eat more vegetables, especially ones that contain vitamin A/Carotene. Carrots are one example. They help a person see better, especially when driving at night. Also, the person should start exercising more often, and get plenty of sleep at night. In addition, this person should eat a balanced diet of whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and very limited amounts of meats and fatty foods.
- This person should avoid excess desserts, and watch the intake of canned foods, and refined breads and sugars. In addition, an excess of strong alcoholic drinks can impair vision, so a person should drink responsibly. Furthermore, too much secondhand smoke can cause eye irritations. Try to stay away from smoke as much as possible.
Grapes are believed to enhance eyesight and prevent cataract problems. Grape juice also clears off wrinkles under eyes when you rub them with half cut grapes.