Diphtheria Natural Remedies | Ayurvedic Treatment of Diphtheria
According to medical science, diphtheria is a very life-threatening disease caused by a bacterium that produces poison into the bloodstream.
According to ayurvedic studies, diphtheria is caused by a poor immune system. Therefore, they can easily catch it from someone else. The disease is transferred from one person by way of coughing or sneezing. Also, a person can become infected from close contact with a person. This close contact with a person increases transfer of bodily discharges (mouth, nose, throat, or skin) of the infected person to the other.
Long term affects of untreated diphtheria ad as follows:
- Heart failure
- Muscle Paralyzation
- Tonsillitis (swell of the tonsils that blocks the airway)
- Nerve Damage
Early symptoms of Diphtheria the following:
- Sore throat
- Mild Fever
- Swollen lymph glands
- Enlarged neck tissues
Symptoms of diphtheria usually appear 2-4 days after infection. The areas most as risk for contraction of diphtheria are as follows:
- Areas with poor sanitation
- People who have been immunized
- Highly populated areas
Ayurvedic Treatment of Diphtheria
First, the person infected with Diphtheria should consult an ayurvedic doctor, who also uses modern medical practices. This disease is too risky to be taken care of solely at home. Therefore, one should make sure to be immunized as soon as possible, especially if one lives in a high-risk area as described above.
Home Remedies For Diphtheria
- Curled Dock (a.k.a. Rumex Crispus, Curly Dock, and Yellow Dock) is an herb that originated in Europe. The main properties of this herb are glycosides, tannin, bitter principals, and resin, and iron. This is taken in a dried form, and aids in the recovery of diphtheria.
- Lifestyle changes: Along with proper immunization, and doctor’s care, a healthy diet should be applied. In fact, eating healthy can aid in the immunization process. This is essential in prevention of Diphtheria.
A healthy diet consists of the following
- 4-6 Servings of Vegetables and Fruits
- 2-3 Serving of Whole Grains. Foods with fiber are very important
- 2-3 Servings of Proteins
- Minimal fatty foods, sugars, and processed foods
Also, a person should not drink too much alcohol, or smoke. Those harmful substances can cause breakdown of the immune system. Therefore, use alcohol in moderation, and get rid of the tobacco as soon as possible.
Another positive lifestyle change would be to get plenty of exercise. Exercise helps keep the digestive system working smoothly. This helps process all the nutrients that the human body needs to stay strong and healthy. In turn, a healthier body can fight against harmful bacteria that cause diseases such as diphtheria. A body with the capability of fighting off diseases successfully is a body with a powerful immune system.
Furthermore, a person who wants to keep his or her immune system strong should have a balanced life. Equal amounts of work, play, and exercise are vital. Also, it is important to have contact with other people. People who are alone most often have been known to have failed immune systems.