KANCHNAR (Bauhinia variegata)
Part Used: Bark, Flower
Properties: Constipating, Depurative, Anthelmintic, Vulnerary
Specific Property: Gandamalanasa
Powder of bark: 3-6 gms.
Expressed juice of flower: 10-20 ml.
Decoction: 40-80 ml.
- In Gandamala (Scrofula): Used the decoction of Kanchanar bark addedwith Sunthipowderde stroys gandamala.
- In Gandamala as well as Galaganda (Goitre):decoction of Kanchanar and Triphla added with Pippali powder is beneficial.
- In pox:Decoction of Kanchanar bark added with Swarnamaksika Bhasma destroys pox.
- In Haemorrhagic disorders -The powder of kanchanar flower should be used with honey.
- Kanchanar flower is used with sugar as a laxative.
- In Haemorrhoids Powder of Kanchanar root is effective if given with butter milk.
- Decoction of Kanchanar bark is useful in leprocy,skin diseases, diarrhoea, and boil.
Also visit our website www.pharmamarketing.co.in